Major, Minor, and Transfer Credit Advisors are all faculty advisors who represent their respective academic departments or disciplines and are intimately familiar with specific major, minor, or transfer credit related requirements.
- They have the most current knowledge of discipline-specific things like
- course offerings
- curricular sequence
- independent study projects
- research and internships
- professional organizations
- current trends
- graduate schools
- careers related to the field
- We strongly recommend that students communicate frequently with major and minor advisors, even prior to declaring a major or minor, so they can make informed decisions
- After declaring a major or minor, students should meet with their major and minor advisors each semester
Transfer Credit Advisors have a more specific role in determining Rice equivalent credit for courses taken elsewhere, and they often ask for course descriptions, syllabi, and other materials to make such determinations.