Welcome Rice Owls Class of 2025! On behalf of the Office of Academic Advising for Athletics, we could not be more excited for your arrival this summer. Incoming student athletes should follow the checklist below. It is broken into five parts: Admission, Advising, Athletic Training, Health Services, and Financial Aid. Contact information is listed for each part; should you have questions, please call the individual listed. We also have an FAQ and some helpful links as well.
Click here to open and print a PDF version of this webpage.
Click here for the Summer Student Athlete FAQ.
(Taurian Houston - firstname.lastname@example.org; Stefon Williams - email@example.com)
- Complete Rice Admission process
- Pay $75 application fee online. This is not covered by your scholarship.
- Complete NCAA Eligibility Center requirements at http://www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- Update your Amateur Status online via the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Request that your registrar or counselor send your final official high school transcript with the date of graduation to both Rice and the NCAA Eligibility Center after you graduate.
- Please direct any room and board questions to Taurian or Stefon.
Academic Advising for Athletics
(Mike Yeakel - firstname.lastname@example.org)
The admission process must be complete for the following:
- Look for an email from Rice for instructions on how to create your ESTHER.
- Additionally, look for an email from Rice to create your Rice email. Once your Rice email is created, check it daily as this is how we will communicate with you.
- Register for summer session III classes on ESTHER with your sport-specific advisor via phone. You can find course options at http://courses.rice.edu.
- Mike Yeakel (713-348-8881) - Football Defense, Men's Basketball, Women's Track & Field
- Julie Griswold (713-348-8880) - Football Offense, Men's Basketball, Women's Tennis
- Misha Caylor (713-348-2982) - Golf, Men's Tennis, Men's Track & Field, Women's Swimming, Volleyball
- Kendal Moore (713-348-2810) - Baseball, Women's Basketball, Women's Soccer
- English Composition Exam (http://compexam.rice.edu)
- You may take the exam May 29 (8am) - June 3, 2019 (1pm).
- Please allow yourself 3 hours to complete this exam.
- If you missed the May 29th - June 3rd time, there is a second test time that starts June 19 (8am) - June 24, 2019 (1pm).
- Complete the following on ESTHER via the Welcome Tab by JUNE 1.
- College Information Form (Make your roommate request on this form.)
- Academic Advising Questionnaire
- First Look Questionnaire (include photo)
- New Student Information Form and Personal Roommate Matching Form
- Parent/Guardian Information Form
- Disability Housing Accommodation Requests
(Dean Miller - email@example.com)
- Rice Sports Medicine ATS Medical Records Registration by May 15, 2021.
- Medical insurance opens in July at https://studenthealthinsurance.rice.edu/home.
(Felicia Brooks - 713.348.4966)
- Health Data Form (http://health.rice.edu)
- Please mail the form in the colored envelope provided by your coaches by June 1, 2021.
- You need an up-to-date immunization record with meningitis shot at least 10 days prior to arriving on campus, and potentially a TB test in the last 6 months.
(Paul Negrete - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fill out the FAFSA form to see if you qualify for need based aid/Pell Grant at http://financialaid.rice.edu.
Please direct all additional questions to your coach.